[Aanvaard] Raider application: Stavf – Silvermoon – Arcane – Mage

Stavf

Jun 11, 2018
Tell us about yourself:

Hey my name is Christian, I come from Denmark where I study Computer Science, and work part time as a software developer. I currently play Arcane mage, but will be looking to swap over to Shadow Priest in BFA.

Battle Tag: urcra#2662

Armoury link: (log out in main spec gear and include any relevant alts)

Mage:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/silvermoon/stavf

Druid:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/silvermoon/kloag

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained?

My weapons are at: 79(arcane)/73(fire)/41(frost), and I have all the arcane legendaries, and most of the legendaries from the frost/fire

Warcraft Logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/silvermoon/stavf

My guardian druid if you also want to look at some old EN parses
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/silvermoon/kloag#rankingzone=10

Your UI in raid combat:
On my mage on Live
emeAYTH.jpg

BFA setup for SPriest
6o7SGmF.jpg

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?

I had a lot of fun raiding with you guys during my last Sunday and would like to continue trialing here. I heard about the guild from Smaj, who added me on Battle.net by presumably looking at my LFG status on Wowprogress

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?

I am not leaving my guild as much as it fell apart due to lack of signups/ people wanting a break. So the reason I am looking for a new guild is to find a new place that I can call home and raid with.

While I don't think you would find anything concerning about my guild history I should probably describe my guild history:

After not having played since Cata, I came back in the WoD prepatch, and created a druid. I then joined a guild(Lost Woods-Draenor) that was recruiting for Legion as a guardian druid.

During EN progression a lot of the members wanted to transfer over to Silvermoon to go hard for progression, and so we ended up in (Free Will-Silvermoon). During the time here some members got frustrated with the progression and the amount of time, so we ended up not having enough members and the guild eventually fell apart.

After this I didn't feel like finding another guild where I could tank. So I decided I just wanted to play more casually and I created my Mage, and never really did anything this tier.

Around the time of ToS release some of the members from Free Will came back, and together with some new people we created the guild Synthesis-Silvermoon. Where due to not being able to find good tanks I had to go back and play my guardian druid. Then one day suddenly the GM and raidleader dissapeared from the game and never logged on again, which pretty much killed the guild.

Now we come to AtBT, where I joined Necessity in the middle of the tier and stuck with them until Aggramar ~7 days ago, where the guild disbanded due to lack of signups and members wanting to take a break.

So there you have my rather bumpy raiding history throughout Legion

Raiding experience while current:

My mythic raiding experience started in Legion where I started after having been away from the game from Cata-WoD.

At the start of Legion I played as a tank with a guardian as main and a prot warrior for split runs. Into TOS I wanted to swap over to ranged DPS, but due to having some hard times recruiting a new tank I stuck with tanking through the tier. After the tier I then started playing my mage as my main.

EN - 4/7M as guardian druid (Kloag-Silvermoon/Draenor)
NH - Nothing notable here
TOS - 3/9M on guardian, and 2/9M on arcane
ATBT - 6/11M + 70pulls on Aggramar, on Arcane mage

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?

Definitely arcane, I have played around with fire and frost but don't really enjoy their playstyle. I have been playing the spec since the middle on NH

What is your stat priority? Explain why.

With my current gear it's Haste>= Versa > Crit >> Mastery > Int. But depending on trinkets and legendaries haste and versa might change around.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?

Very high burst damage both in single and AOE situations, and the general soaks with ice blocks like the other mage specs

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?

Mostly just the usual DBM/WeakAuras/Angry Assignments/Simc/Simpermut,

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?

So normally as a mage I would say Altered-time.com and Discord. But because arcane has newer really been a hot pick the guides you find there are going to be outdated or just straight up wrong. And the same is sadly also the case for the discord server since all of the active members play either fire or frost.

So I have had to use some other methods, the best resource for gaining the correct rotation was reading through the APL used in the sim for arcane, and replicating it as closely as possible, Then also analyzing the logs of the top arcane players on Warcraftlogs, to see if they had some changes to the rotation based on the fight.

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?

Mostly spending time infront of the training dummy to test out how my rotation changes with my current gear, since the amount of I have mana changes how my rotation goes. And then also going through my own logs and comparing them to others to see what I could improve.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.

The non-utility talents are pretty locked down for arcane, the only thing that would change is going from "Charged up" to "Resonance" if I was playing with 2 piece Tier 20. Other then that I have sometimes changed from "Chrono Shift" to "Ring of Frost" to for more CC on Aggramar

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?

I don't currently feel comfortable with playing either fire or frost in a raiding environment. But during BFA I would probably be open to sometimes playing disc as an off spec if needed.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?

Yeah, all good.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.

Yeah I have nothing against criticism, having played a tank before I have been used to my mistakes being very apparent and for everyone to see.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)

Yeah that should be no problem, my mic and PC is fine.

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?

I do have a vacation planned from 14/7 to 21/7. But other then that there is nothing.

Do you have anything else to add?

Not other than I look forward to playing with you all and sorry for the wall of text :|