[WITHDRAWN] Raider Application: Xilûs - Aszune - Havoc - Demon Hunter

Xilus

Apr 18, 2018
Tell us about yourself:

I'm a 28 y/o male from the UK currently working full time doing science research in between the last two years of my university degree. Missed the first 3 tiers of Legion due to a heavy work schedule but that has subsided now and will be the case for the foreseeable future. As such, I'm willing to seriously commit to progression again. Been raiding casual since early BC but started raiding the hardest content in WoD, particularly HFC.

Battle Tag: Eclypsis#2491

Armoury link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/aszune/xilûs

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained?

Havoc: 76
Vengeance: 75

Legendaries: All for Havoc except Sephuz, and Prydaz. I have Raddons Cascading Eyes, Anger of the Half Giants and Delusions of Grandeur which are the best in slot depending on the fight.

Warcraft Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/15492638

Your UI in raid combat: http://prntscr.com/j6zpd1

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?

I was contacted by Smaj following my lfg on wowprogress.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?

The guild disbanded during Nighthold due to GM leaving and people went their separate ways.

Raiding experience while current:
BC: Kara, Gruuls, Zul'aman and SSC
MoP: Throne of Thunder Normal, Seige of Orgrimmar Normal.
WoD: Highmaul Heroic, Blackrock Foundary Heroic, HFC (12/13 Mythic)
Legion: Emerald Nightmare Heroic, Nighthold Heroic, Antorus Heroic.

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?

Mained a warlock since BC but switched and now main a Havoc DH for Legion.

What is your stat priority? Explain why.

Crit>Mastery>Vers>Haste

Crit is priority due to the additional damage but most importantly because of its ability to refund 50% of the fury cost of Chaos Strike and Annihilation. This really shines during those metamorphasis windows where you want to be spending fury, not building it. Mastery is a very close second, giving a flat increase to all chaos damage dealt. At around 55% crit, in higher mythic gear, mastery becomes the most important stat. This is due to the demonic + tier 21 4 set build where almost all damage dealt is chaos damage (Choas strike/annihilation/Eye beam/Fury of the Illidari).

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?

Incredible burst, AoE and very good single target damage. In addition, excellent mobility and raid utillity (AoE and singe target stuns, immunities etc).I would say AoE damage or mobility is the defining feature of a Havoc DH.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?

ElvUi
DBM
Weakaruas
Skada

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?

Mmo-champion, Wowhead, Icy Veins and DH mythic raiders on youtube.

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?

Sim gear and compare logs/performances with top players. I also enjoy doing Mythic+ as a way to sharpen skills.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.

I do for M+, however this isn't necessary for a Havoc DH in raids as most of the talents for the current meta demonic build are set in stone. The survivability tier might offer some variability but for mythic encounters Netherwalk is still a first choice.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?

Vengeance DH. I am semi-comfortable tanking in Vengeance, however I have no decent tank gear.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?

Yes, I finish work well before then.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.

Absolutely, it's part of how we learn.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)

I have a mic and can get 45+ fps raids.

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?

Apart from moving flat mid June, there's nothing else I can think of.

Do you have anything else to add?

Nope, thats about it!

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Heya Xilus,

Thanks for the app. We'll try get back to you in a day or two.

Best,
Smaj

Menya

Predicts the future: Thera will never get Moon
Staff member
May 4, 2015
Few things I want to ask.
Legion: Emerald Nightmare Heroic, Nighthold Heroic, Antorus Heroic.
EN heroic was several months after it's release.. but alright will count it I guess (3 clears).
Where is Nighthold heroic exactly? Cause I can see only normal on your character. Or is it on an alt?
I am assuming also the 2 clears on Antorus were with pugs, though this doesn't matter anyway.

I am estimating your return to the game 2 weeks ago (?), but how much did you played this expansion besides that? Was it a big break or too many small ones? It feels a whole lot amount of those.
Also cause you mention about higher mythic+ did you transfer mid-expansion and it doesn't show or the total amount of them are only from your return?
Untitled33.png

And last question. Your gear is far behind right now, it's understandable since you just started playing. But the amount of breaks you had are way too many and your experience in this expansion is non existent. How willing would you be to be in social/back up status until you prove you are about to stick around and put an effort, even if this could take till the start of the next expansion, since you say you are likely to commit from now on?

OP
X

Xilus

Apr 18, 2018
Hi Damn Witch, thanks for your reply. Apologies for not being clearer.

- Night hold heroic was on an mage alt: https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/aszune/Vôx
- Yes the two heroic clears were through pugs.
- I came back to the game about 4 weeks ago.
- I believe I took a break after EN heroic then returned for Nighthold for a short while. I then took another break (skipping ToS) which leads me to now.
- I haven't transferred. My mythic+ runs would be from my return or on my mage alt.
- I totally understand that my lack of experience this expansion is concerning and you're right to bring it up. I'm only as good as my word right now in terms of my proclaimed commitment but at the same time I wouldn't be willing to take a back seat potentially until the start of the next expansion to prove it. Although I totally get why you'd ask me to do so. If, because of this, you think I might not be right for the guild then that's absolutely fine! :)

Menya

Staff member
May 4, 2015
Thanks for the fast reply! Will get back to you soon then!

Menya

Staff member
May 4, 2015
At this point we can accept you as social with raiding chance in bfa if you are alright with it. :)

OP
X

Xilus

Apr 18, 2018
Hi Damn Witch,

Unfortunately I was after a bit more of an involved raiding role for the rest of legion. However I do really appreciate the offer and thank you for the considering my application. I wish you all the best and good luck with progress! :)

Menya

Staff member
May 4, 2015
All best and good luck to you too! :)