ACCEPTED: Raider application: Byako – norddrassil – fury – warrior

Byako

Mar 14, 2018
Hello.
27 year old guy hailing from Denmark here.
Been playing warcraft since vanilla, sometimes casual, sometimes raiding, and i took a break
in MoP. I'm currently looking for a place to raid in to see the end of the content, and possibly a place
to stay in for BfA.
Currently i'm jobless and looking at educations that i might be interested in, it has never been a problem
with me managing real life and game time so i'm not worried about that in the slightest.

Battle Tag: Byako#2170

Armoury link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/nordrassil/byako

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained?
arms 69 / fury 81 / prot 79
I have all warrior legendaries.

Warcraft Logs:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/nordrassil/byako

Your UI in raid combat: https://prnt.sc/irb5he

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?
Old coworker antishadow suggested i could try apply here as dps. I've mainly tanked antorus after one of my previous guilds tanks left, which explains my high lvl fury weapon and why I've been gearing for prot since.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
Guild gave up due to low attendance on a low populated server.

Raiding experience while current:
TBC:
Karazahn full clear, tempest keep 3/4, Serpentshrine cavern full clear, black temple 4 bosses mount hyjal 4 bosses

WotLK: 10/25 OS full clear, 10/25 naxx full clear, 10 EoE full clear, 10 ulduar full clear + 6 hard modes, 10/25 TotC full clear + 10 tribute to insanity, 10/25 ICC full clear + 10/12 heroic.

Cata: (all are done in 10 only) BoT 3/5hc, BD 5/6 hc, ToFW 1/2 hc, firelands 6/7 hc, DS 5/8 hc

MoP: flex/hc SoO full clear.

WoD: highmaul 2/7 mythic, foundry 2/10 M, HfC full clear M.

Legion: EN full clear M, ToV 2/3 M (got cutting edge doing nighthold), nighthold 7/10 M, antorus 5/11 M

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
Always mained warrior and swapped between speccs doing different expansions. right now my gear is mainly leaning towards prot, but i'm 1 CoF away from being able to pull numbers as fury.

What is your stat priority? Explain why.
I'm high on both mastery and haste, boasting +12k in both of those stats as they work really well on both fury and prot. for going fury i'm going to re-gem/re-ench my gear from haste to mastery as that would perform better thanks for me having 4p + the right legendaries than haste.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?
pre-execute phase i bring burst spikes of dmg that either keeps up the damage, or can single down troublesome targets, when i reach executephase i can keep up pretty consistent bursts of damage with the use of my talentring.
I also bring a raid-utility ability in command shout to increase hp of the raid to try to weather incoming large damage.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
I Use WA to monitor proccs from my talentring talent to keep my executephase easy to play trough.

other than that i don't really use much as i prefer to keep a clean UI to keep a better overview of any situation that might occur.

for performance boost i refer to logs after a raid to see what i might be able to do better in the future.

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?
I use warcraftlogs to check what performs the best.

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
I clear emissaries for AP.
clear M+ dungeons to secure weekly chests or gear if the affixes are good and i know a dungeon that can drop a forged version of what i currently got.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.
for my lvl 15 tier i choose war machine if there's a decent amount of adds throughout the encounter, else i stick with endless rage.
for lvl 30 i pick shockwave if CC is required (like hasabel imps) else i have double time.
for lvl 45 i use wrecking ball if there's a good deal of consistent adds troughout the fight (high command) else i use avatar.

rest of my talents are pretty much set as they are strong in any situation.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
right now i see myself as a pretty decent tank and if i'm called upon to do so, i would have no problem.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
Yes

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
I don't mind criticism at all.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? My setup is good to go for raiding, and even streaming if i feel like it.

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
nothing in the future, no health issues either.

Do you have anything else to add?
no.

Wizie

Trinkets, yes. Pretty trinkets! Great power.
Nov 6, 2016
Hey Byako!

Thank you for your application!
We'll discuss it and get back to you soon:)

Regards,
Wizie

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Hey Byako,

We're happy to let you know that we're accepting you as trial. Please contact an officer once you've made it to our server.

Kind regards,
Smaj

Reactions: Antishadow