The MM Alt and Social Raid Thread.

OP
M

Mog

Go ahead, do the xmog joke. I know you want to.
Jan 21, 2017
Heroic Tonight, Lineup will be posted a couple of hours before raid start, as it stands, I have 3 healers, for a maximum of 10 DPS. I have 6 DPS signed and 2 tentatives at this time, so if you want to come please do signup.

OP
M

Mog

Jan 21, 2017
Lineup 20/01/18

Tanks - Mog\Braque
Heals - Gala\Layz\Tyche with Rein as 4th if Needed.
DPS - All who are signed up as of now. Is room for more but you'll need to ask me in game.

As stated above, Worldbreaker and Hounds will serve as a DPS check, 1.1m is the minimum DPS required to proceed further.

Last edited:
OP
M

Mog

Jan 21, 2017
A few notes about Coven.

The overlaps between Storm and Torments happen, its about 3 out of 4 that will lineup with a storm. We get some warning of whats coming so people can know what to expect.

The Torments are as Follows.
  • Torment of Golganneth
    • Fury of Golganneth – A furious storm is summoned by the call of Golganneth's horn. Each Torment of Golganneth inflicts 1950000 to 2050000 Nature damage to players when they stand within 2 yards of each other.

Aman'thul is highly dangerous, the goal is making sure that the adds get off as few casts as possible, if DPS is high enough, you split into 2 teams, and focus down 2 adds at a time, if its not, you focus one add, and move clockwise around the room, ALL, and this includes Rogues and any other DOT class DPS, are to switch to Aman'thuls, failure to kill them fast enough will overwhelm the healers.

Norgannon's is just horrible, you've all seen how we'd manage it in Normal, now we have to do it around storms. The same principal applies in Heroic as it does in Normal, we make a gap, we hide behind it and use any other CC to keep the safe spot free, I think its 20s, but i'm not certain, but avoiding the adds for that long is all we have to do, then they can be killed and things moved on.

Golganneth's is quite simple to deal with, its just requires that players be aware of what they're doing, more so when it coincides with a storm, melee should spread out amongst the adds, ranged and healers give each other plenty of space. When it happens during a storm, forget your dps, being alive for the longterm is what counts in this fight, not a short term dps loss, stay alive.

Khazgoroth is really easy to cope with, just clear the center of the room and don't cross the fire, again kill adds, is no rush to kill them, just get them done speedily and back to bosses. This is probably the least harmful torment, unless every safespot happens to spawn in the middle during a storm.

For Tanks:
  • Noura, Mother of Flames
    • ej-tank.png
      Fiery Strike – Noura sets her sabers ablaze, inflicting 3412500 to 3587500 Fire damage in a cone in front of her, and increasing damage taken by Fiery Strike by 100%. This effect stacks.
    • Whirling Saber – Noura throws a flaming sword towards a random player, inflicting 1630000 to 1710000 Fire damage upon landing. The blade then begins to spin and return to Noura, inflicting 536250 to 563750 Fire damage every 1 sec to all nearby enemies as it moves.
    • Fulminating Pulse – Noura ignites the blood in her targets' veins, inflicting 800000 Fire damage every 1 sec for 10 sec. The targets then explode in a Fulminating Burst, inflicting 2500000 Fire damage to all players within 6 yards.
  • Asara, Mother of Night
    • Touch of Darkness – Asara hurls darkness made manifest at her enemies, inflicting 1387500 Shadow damage to each target.
    • Shadow Blades – Asara conjures three blades of shadow and sends them flying forward. Enemies that collide with the blades are knocked back and take 3412500 to 3587500 Shadow damage.
    • Storm of Darkness – Asara covers the arena in a mass of darkness, inflicting 1500000 Shadow damage every 1 sec for 15 sec.
  • Diima, Mother of Gloom
    • ej-tank.png
      Flashfreeze – Diima strikes her current enemy with a deep chill, inflicting 6140000 to 6460000 Frost damage and slowing the target's movement speed by 10% for 20 sec. This effect stacks.
    • Chilled Blood – Diima applies a healing absorb to random enemy players. When the effect ends, the target is frozen for a duration based on the amount of heal absorption remaining.
    • Orb of Frost – Diima summons an Orb of Frost that inflicts 855000 to 945000 Frost damage to all players. The orb persists for 20 sec and slows movement speed of all players within 30 yards by up to 85%. The snare effect of Orb of Frost decreases as a player stands farther away from the orb.
  • Noura is swapped at 3 stacks of Fiery Strikes, DPS\Healers should remain vigilant for Whirling Saber, this follows Noura, so if a tank swap occurs the Blade will change direction and follow her.
  • Asara is relatively harmless, just dodge the shadow blades, can be tanked by a DPS with taunt if you want.
  • Diima, is a Boss mob where paladins and their blessings actually come in handy, Blessing of Freedom will remove the Flashfreeze debuff, allowing the paladin to tank her in relative peace.
We did well for our first evening at Coven, the main raid when we got to them, shrunk the group down so that we could better learn to deal with the mechanics, we're close and we started with 20. Learning to cope with Storm and whatever torment it happens to coincide with is something you'll only get in this fight through practice. That being said, some things tonight were sloppy, we can do better.

Thanks to Wizie, I borrowed the Ability details from his Tactics Thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Galatea and Wizie
OP
M

Mog

Jan 21, 2017
I know we've not got Heroic nailed yet, but planning for the rest of the tier anyway. Antorus is it until BfA arrives as far as we currently know, as such, keeping people tied to the same character from now until BfA seems unreasonable, and is likely to drive people nuts. So to eventually enable people to bring different characters into Heroic, every other Friday will be an Alternate Alt run.

This will be Normal Antorus only, for gear and getting people used to the basics of each fight. For Friday runs I would encourage people to come as roles they wouldn't usually attend as, ie Healers come as DPS or Tanks, Tanks as DPS or Healers, etc. The goal being to over the course of time, to allow people to see many alts into and through Heroic Antorus, and to try and keep it fresh for people. The same role week in, week out gets boring for us all.

I've added all raids in February to the Calender already, so people have plenty of lead time.

Reactions: Wytes and Piando
OP
M

Mog

Jan 21, 2017
Currently short at least 1 healer to make the minimum of a run happen. So Healers, if you're listening, help!

Zarrow

Jun 23, 2017
Helsinki
Talking about today (saturday) raid? I can heal if needed, and also please do include me when counting possible dps (can't sign atm, but can join for the raid).

OP
M

Mog

Jan 21, 2017
As it stands of now, will probably need you healing, will know for sure later when the late signs sign up :)

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
tentative because we're in London during the day for my nephew's 1st Birthday.. So will depend on traffic etc for journey home as to whether we are about/ready to raid at raid start time.

OP
M

Mog

Jan 21, 2017
Braque has already told me you won't be home?!?

OP
M

Mog

Jan 21, 2017
Lineup as it currently stands.

Tanks - Mog\Thorill
Heals - Tyche\Epeen (Zarrow from Vari)
DPS. - Angst, Cele, Soul, Irfy, Wizie, Thundris, Karma, (Zarrow before Vari)

OP
M

Mog

Jan 21, 2017
LOL, no worries Zarrow, we could skip Coven, but the fact remains at somepoint we've got to figure it. The RNG is sometimes horrid, and we didn't have our usual array of CC tonight either. If it can be contrived next week, I'll try and be on my Monk, Ring of Peace is win.

Don't be disheartened by the fact we've wiped on it for a couple of hours, Main Raid took an extra evening for Coven as well. Adjusting strategy to deal with Norgannons and Storm should've occurred to me earlier than the last try or so. As said above, If Thorill and Braque are available next week, I'll let those 2 tank and come as a DPS, I can manage the raid better from the role.

Reactions: Wizie and Galatea

Tyche

The Punisher
Dec 30, 2008
The Netherlands
Def agree with Gala. Just keep working on it, its not like the bosses after that will be a cakewalk either so ye. We'll get it one day :D

Anshrr

#1 LFR Feral for his ILVL
Oct 7, 2005
CERTAINLY NOT DENMARK EWW
I all for keeping at it if there's actual progress and we're close to killing it. That hasn't been the case for Coven tho. We do well to begin with, and then it's just worse and worse attempts getting called to wipe it earlier and earlier. At that point, I'd rather call it and go do normal Argus for trinket upgrade etc while there's time, instead of spending another 30 minutes getting nowhere.