ACCEPTED: Vodoogoat - Resto shaman (new)

Vodoogoat

Top 3 Brother
Jan 15, 2018
Tell us about yourself:
Hello (re-uploading this again but this time using the right template)
My name is Rikard and 24 (soon 25) year old boy from Sweden. Not too long ago I finished my civil engineering study's and have since been working as a consultant in blasting technology. I first started playing wow in vanilla and played until early cata where I took a long break from wow before I started again in legion. Other than that I'm a guy with a dry sense of humor who loves really bad puns.
Battle Tag: rikart#2794

Armoury link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/doomhammer/vodoogoat

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained?
77 traits in my resto artifact, I have all the good resto legionaries, only ones is a few of the bad ones.
I also have Aman Thuls.
Warcraft Logs:
In my current guild no one was dedicated enough to be logging and uploading the raids so therefore I started recently to that myself because I wanted too see how I was performing. Because of this there is not that many fights recorded.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/doomhammer/vodoogoat
Your UI in raid combat:

Something like this, I dont have a screenshot from an actual combat as healer right now, if you want I can provide that later.
Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?
I want to progress in mythic and that is not possible in my current guild. From various people I've heard that MM was a good guild and therefore I choose to try my luck here. I also had a chat with Damn Witch before making this application.
Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?
My current guild is very casual and while its been nice at times, I have started to grow tired of being one of the few people making an effort in raids. As it is right now there is probably going to be very limited mythic progress in this guild and I do not want to miss out on that. There is a lot of nice people in the guild but they do not want the same from raiding as I do.
Raiding experience while current:
In TBC I was in the top horde guild on the server raiding Black temple and sunwell etc, however that is not really relevant anymore I guess.
I started playing again in legion around when ToS released and got 2 bosses down in mythic. Not to impressive but I'm looking to improve that mythic experience.
What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
My main spec is resto and have been since tbc and also all of legion (from release of ToS that is).
What is your stat priority? Explain why.
Basically all secondary stats are close to equal so most of the time higher il is an upgrade. However the best is to have a good mix of them all and if some stat is high I try to socket/gem other stats or equip different rings etc.
Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?
Resto shamans brings a lot of important utility in spells like spirit link, while also having good cds such as healing tide. They can do superb aoe healing, especially if the raid is stacked and could at the same time save a lot of lifes with spot healing thanks to their mastery.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
Mainly weak Auras, elvui and dbm.
Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?
I hang around in the shaman discord, reading new information. Look at sites such as ancestralguidance.com and the spreadsheet splashystats have helped. Also if I find some interesting youtube video I'll watch it.
What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
Looking up tactics, watching youtube videos to find tips and tricks. I also try to run m+ as it's fun but also good training on handling hard situation and make you have to find creative solution to problems.
Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.
Most of the time its the same talents that I find best, but for example on a fight where you need more cc I can change to earthgrab totem (like coven, aggramar). If there is a fight where there is a lot of burst healing but not as much constant dmg I can swap to ascendance. Also on heave moment fights I might change to echo of elements (on fights like Avatar).
What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
Currently my best offspec is enhancement. I haven't been lucky with any good legionaries for this yet sadly but I can still do decent dps if I try. I would be much more comfortable playing resto but if I'm more needed as enh I would play that.
We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?
It should be no problems.
Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
Fair criticism is appreciated, If I don't know what I'm doing wrong I can't improve and that is one thing I always strive for, improving my performance.
Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
I have a pretty newly build computer and a stable fiber connection. I have a mic.

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?
Untill the summer vacation I dont have that many big things planned, except I might go for a shorter skiing trip sometime.
Do you have anything else to add?
I know my experience in mythic is limited but I'm usually a fast learner and I love challenges. Therefore I can assure you that even if I'm a bit shaky in the beginning I will do my best to research and get better and If given the chance be a good contribution to the team.

Last edited:

Thorill

Tanks with the efficiency of 5 Best Buddy
Apr 28, 2015
What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
Looking up tactics, watching youtube videos to find tips and tricks.....
From About MM.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work on progression without just copying mainstream guides, such as FatBoss or IcyVeins?
We don't use guides, just saying....

Reactions: Galatea
OP
Vodoogoat

Vodoogoat

Top 3 Brother
Jan 15, 2018
Im not saying you should copy tactics but it can be a good starting point before you have done the fight, to get a basic grasp on what is happening, then when you are actually doing the boss a lot of the times you can find better ways to do it that fits the raiding comp. So basically the reason for looking up tactics before hand is not to "copy" mainstream tactics but to understand the bosses mechanics better, and I dont see a problem with trying out some other groups tactics if you are stuck and do not know how to handle a certain mechanic. And of course after you have already started progressing on a boss and know how all mechanics works, looking at tactics at that point wont give much

Last edited:
OP
Vodoogoat

Vodoogoat

Top 3 Brother
Jan 15, 2018
From About MM.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work on progression without just copying mainstream guides, such as FatBoss or IcyVeins?
We don't use guides, just saying.....
Yes that is your way to do it, not the most common way perhaps which I dont see a problem with, I understand that its more devoloping and more fun to try figuring out everything on your own. I just answered the question how it is written and that is the way I have done it before. Which might not be funniest way to do things but its the way most guild I have been in have approached it.

Atarix

sup fresh
Nov 3, 2008
Without being too blunt, the raid/prorgression ethos has always been that we create strategies/tactics within the raid, watching videos before hand has not been part of progression and can’t see it changing anytime soon.

If you are able to adjust to this then there shouldn’t be any problems.

OP
Vodoogoat

Vodoogoat

Top 3 Brother
Jan 15, 2018
Without being too blunt, the raid/prorgression ethos has always been that we create strategies/tactics within the raid, watching videos before hand has not been part of progression and can’t see it changing anytime soon.

If you are able to adjust to this then there shouldn’t be any problems.
absolutly not saying its wrong, the opposite, just thats not how thing have been done in previous guild. To be honest it sound more fun and I think that might be how I really want to play the game. So yea I think I can adjust.

Menya

Predicts the future: Thera will never get Moon
Staff member
May 4, 2015
Accepted as trial.
Whisper me or an officer in game for an invite and be ready for most likely raiding tomorrow at 20:00 server time.
Gently reminder even if you know tactics for a boss, just not spoil it for the rest.