RBG - Rated Battleground thread. Let's Mammae Them To Death!

Tyche

The Punisher
Dec 30, 2008
The Netherlands
'Cause we didn't have a proper thread for it yet.

Every Mondaynight from 20:30 - 23:00hrs.

Ofcourse we expect you to know your character well and invest in your gear. We use TeamSpeak and expect you to be on it when you join RBG's. If we have over 10 people that sign up, we rotate.

We require you to have at least all of your Honor Talents unlocked if you want to join RBG's.

Poke me if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Atarix

sup fresh
Nov 3, 2008
I would probably add that while gear isn’t massively important due to the scaling in PvP, playing with the correct talents in both your main tree and honor talent free is very important to ensuring you have the best chance of winning.

If you’re not sure on what build to play, there are builds online or you can ask some guildies for advice.

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Oh, and remember.... being in the wrong spec by accident gets VERY frustrating.... :oops:

Ravii

Dec 3, 2016
I’d fully encourage everyone who’s interested in actively trying to get used to arena pvp. Learning the importance of and how to set up kills, control targets and survive translates far better to RBGs than random casual battlegrounds. You can win a battleground from 1 kill and we need to know how to do this properly if we’re going to get anywhere.

Also getting used to alts would be really beneficial if we hope to reach a decent rating this season - sadly our team composition often simply cannot compete, and as Atarix said, gear isn’t that important.

epeen

One Rejuv. JUST ONE REJUV, MAN.
May 14, 2013
hopefully once exams are done i can invest time into getting alts up to honor 50 for talents

Mog

Go ahead, do the xmog joke. I know you want to.
Jan 21, 2017
I called tonight short, I don't know what was wrong but nothing was being adhered to. Calls to intercept and Kill EFC. Following Anti's targets.

RBGs just as much as raiding aren't about individual achievement, its a TEAM game, your role may require you to do zero DPS, it may require you to Spec as something you don't want to spec as. Until everybody subjects themselves to the shot callers rule, we're going to get our asses handed to us more often than not.

Ravii is correct, we need more variety in our lineup, I can adequately play my DH\Paladin. I'm breaking out my druid, but she's a few weeks from, A) Me getting used to her again, B) Artifact and Gear needs substantial work, 6-8% stat difference is important. 6% is the difference between an 890 alt and a 950, and the Artifact is fully active in a Battleground.

I could even roll a clothie dps of some description, I can afford the char boost, I have 4 Priest, 2 Warlock leggy boxes in my bank, but again this is not a quick fix, I have to learn the class from scratch. But unless we can get serious about it, I'm not going to invest the time.

Reactions: Antishadow

Ravii

Dec 3, 2016
Relics don’t apply in arena so I can’t imagine they’re active in RBGs, the only thing is traits and concordance improvement which is so-so. Gearing to only be a few % behind only takes a few days to a week so no real pressure there. Just to avoid people thinking they need to grind out hard on alts.

A consistent shadow priest, warlock and frost dk would be very handy.

epeen

One Rejuv. JUST ONE REJUV, MAN.
May 14, 2013
i'm fairly comfortable playing shadow on priestpeen, although not with much variety in honour talents, and it will be a few weeks before i can dedicate much time to getting it up to 50 ect

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
When he's says comfortable, he perhaps means worse than healing Slag Mines, I mean DHT.
In which case I wish you all the best.

Antishadow

So, basically Light?
Dec 18, 2015
I called tonight short, I don't know what was wrong but nothing was being adhered to. Calls to intercept and Kill EFC. Following Anti's targets.

RBGs just as much as raiding aren't about individual achievement, its a TEAM game, your role may require you to do zero DPS, it may require you to Spec as something you don't want to spec as. Until everybody subjects themselves to the shot callers rule, we're going to get our asses handed to us more often than not.

Ravii is correct, we need more variety in our lineup, I can adequately play my DH\Paladin. I'm breaking out my druid, but she's a few weeks from, A) Me getting used to her again, B) Artifact and Gear needs substantial work, 6-8% stat difference is important. 6% is the difference between an 890 alt and a 950, and the Artifact is fully active in a Battleground.

I could even roll a clothie dps of some description, I can afford the char boost, I have 4 Priest, 2 Warlock leggy boxes in my bank, but again this is not a quick fix, I have to learn the class from scratch. But unless we can get serious about it, I'm not going to invest the time.

Sorry not sorry for "raging" last night. Yes I did warn you my mood was at a low. If you were on my target when called, well then you did what you were asked! I only saw me and Awake on the targets. I dont see all the stuff flying towards the target so hunters/mages w/e we had could have been on them, so this "rage" wasnt meant for you.
I do want to applaud our healers for doing a good job even though others failed and coordination wasnt the best at times.

Mog, I also have a mage/monk(tank/dps) and my shaman CAN heal if you want, Im not the best but I can try :)

soulsin

Nov 4, 2017
So Anti the setup was you, Awake and 4 hunters, and you " I dont see all the stuff flying towards the target so hunters/mages w/e we had could have been on them".

Antishadow

So, basically Light?
Dec 18, 2015
True, but neither did I see the persons hp move more than 2 or 3 persons were in him

OP
Tyche

Tyche

The Punisher
Dec 30, 2008
The Netherlands
I just realised I can't be there tonight. A friend is visiting tonight. Maybe I can join in later but he usually doesnt leave before +/- 10pm. GL tonight!

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Really well done last night! Target calling/switching worked great, just need to iron out a few little things and we're golden! Keep it up :)

Ravii

Dec 3, 2016
The micro-play improved a lot. Just need to work on our macro game now - that is our tactics for each battleground and opponents and progress will be made.

Mog

Go ahead, do the xmog joke. I know you want to.
Jan 21, 2017
Signs for tonight currently looking really light.

Ravii

Dec 3, 2016
So I know I sound like a miserable bugger at the end of a bad RBG night, but as it is there's a lot of personal mistakes, lack of individual responsibility (IE helping co-ordinate CC or damage on kill targets) and a general confusion as to what to do when things go awry. I've been going on most weeks that people should be trying to get experience in arenas to build on those things mentioned above but I haven't seen anyone giving it a shot so far, except for Pakos who tried to get people to go with.

As it stands, we're not making the goal we'd set for 2k rating this season. Not by a long shot.
So It's really time to decide:
1. To continue as we are and just muddle along
2. Take things more seriously; having requirements (eg all honour talents, like really they're the least to expect) and replacing people on the night who aren't performing.

My big concern right now is that we've got a mix of priorities in the group, and that by choosing one direction we won't have the numbers to continue as a mostly guild group.

It's probably obvious from my reaction to certain plays or games as a whole that I get exasperated at times when either calls aren't followed and it results in an enemy cap / game loss, or people make those glaring mistakes. Trying to manage all the calls as well as my own play is mentally draining so when things aren't going well repeatedly I generally have a moan at you guys, partly because I need to vent. But the other part is that it's the same things cropping up week-in, week-out which gets frustrating. /rant over

Comment with your opinions so I can get an idea of the general consensus and see how this is going to work.