ACCEPTED: Raider application: Reinhawk – Scarshield Legion – Resto – Druid

Reinhawk

Druid #2913
Oct 22, 2017
Tell us about yourself:

I started playing WoW in TBC, missed out on MoP, but been playing through the other expansions. I am 31, a secondary school science/biology teacher. Easy going nature, usually keep myself to myself but talkative when spoken to or after I get to know you.

Battle Tag: Reinhawk#21915

Armoury link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/scarshield-legion/reinhawk (Tier20 4set/tier19 2 set 935ilvl)

I do also have meme set using shoulders and trinket legendaries - my tier19 helm is 890, legs is 895, urn swapped for promises (931ilvl).

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained?

63 traits, I have obtained all legendaries for Resto and Guardian (67 traits). I will be putting all AP into Resto now to catch up.

Warcraft Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/21054324/13/#partition=1&metric=hps

Linked logs for 'Treemendous' was my name when healing (says that in wowprogress as old name https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/scarshield-legion/Reinhawk). Been tanking past 2 months but been main spec Resto all the time beforehand.

Your UI in raid combat: https://imgur.com/wpr4lGz

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?

I heard about you from being whispered from my LFG status on wowprogress. After a brief chat with Smaj liked the sound of the guild, direction and atmosphere (watched twitch stream of a raid) seems like my personality and play style when it comes to WoW.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?

I am leaving my current guild because there has been a change in officers since I joined, with almost all the raid team moving elsewhere. I do not like the new raid leader's leadership style or attitude so wish to move elsewhere that matches me more closely. Other than a lack of guild history I don't think you would (due to name change).

Raiding experience while current:

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?

Main spec is/was Guardian (only for last 2 months), all previous times it has been Resto. I have cleared cutting edge Archimonde, Xavius, Helya as Resto so feel it is definitely my comfort zone spec and raid role.

What is your stat priority? Explain why.

For Resto druid all stats are good, aiming for 20% crit/haste/mast and 5% versa is ideal. This is due to benefiting from them all.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?

Resto druids are very versatile healers, being able to cast on the move, raid heal effectively and easily whether grouped or spread yet contributing to tank healing well with hots and a short cd ironbark. They also provide one of the best throughput raid cds in Tranquility.

I would say the defining feature is high mobility and raid healing throughput.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?

ElvUI, Weakauras, and DBM.

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?

Druid discord is an amazing up to date go to source of information without question. Wowhead is also good.

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?

Mythic+, keep up to date with class changes/theorycrafting, check/analyse Warcraft Logs.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please, give an example.

Of course. Saying that, there isn't much need to change as Resto druid this tier to be honest. The main switches are for m+, if you are using tier19 4 set or if you are using tier20 4 set. Where you would switch between Cenarion Ward and Prosperity, Germination and Spring Blossoms. But if I felt certain tactics or progression made other talents more feasible I would switch accordingly. I always carry tomes for switching talents when needed.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offspec?

My offspec is Guardian. I would be very comfortable switching as I have been using that in raids past 2 months and would use for questing/m+.

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?

Yes I am.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.

Of course. I am very honest and will always look for ways to improve.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)

Yes I do and I do have a proper set up.

We all need the occasional raiding day off for various reasons, but we expect these reasons so to be fully disclosed at as early a time as possible to make planning an easier process. Have you any planned absences in the foreseeable future that we should know about?

Only evenings when I have parent's evenings that could finish at 20:00st. I will have 1 in Nov, 1 in Jan, 3 (ergh) in Feb, 1 in Mar..so Feb will be a bad month but rest should be fine.

Do you have anything else to add?

Feel free to ask me to elaborate on anything if I have failed to go in enough depth :)

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Heya,

Many thanks for your app, will get back to you soon.

Best,
Smaj

Galatea

Oct 28, 2005
Other than a lack of guild history I don't think you would (due to name change)
Oooh the intrigue.... so IF we knew the previous name, whats the dirt? ;)

Blimey thats a lot of parent evenings! I hope my son (if you teach him) is well behaved for you :p

Don't worry about me, I am an old legacy member who doesn't join in main raids anymore.... ;)

OP
Reinhawk

Reinhawk

Druid #2913
Oct 22, 2017
Other than a lack of guild history I don't think you would (due to name change)
Oooh the intrigue..... so IF we knew the previous name, whats the dirt? ;)

Blimey thats a lot of parent evenings! I hope my son (if you teach him) is well behaved for you :p

Don't worry about me, I am an old legacy member who doesn't join in main raids anymore..... ;)

I told you my old name...Treemendous ^^ and before that it was Reinhawk, just went back to my original name :)

As for parents evenings there are a lot because they cover each year group I teach, although Y11 get two :/

Menya

Predicts the future: Thera will never get Moon
Staff member
May 4, 2015
Accepted for a trial. :)
Whisper an officer for an invite!
Also I want to note that we are extending on avatar, to focus a bit on progress upcoming week.

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Welcome! Now the only question is which of our hunters will get the first taming attempt!