Status
Not open for further replies.

Awaké

It's pronounced AW-AH-KEY.
Oct 9, 2017
Oslo, Norway
Battle Tag: Awake#2806

Armoury link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/doomhammer/awaké

Warcraft Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HbTwyWvCX9x83BMF#boss=-2&difficulty=0

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?

I am looking to step up my game. I have been raiding "hardcore" before and in the games current situation, I do feel like I need to be pushing myself to enjoy the game, and get my money's worth.

I have not heard much spoken words about MM, but the guild has been going strong and with it's background from Turalyon (which I knew nothing about before we merged) it must be performing quite well.

With the implementation of flying everywhere, you rarely do see people walking on the ground, other than exchanging wares in the dark corners of Ironforge or dancing on top of mailboxes.

I do unfortunately not know anyone personally in MM.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?

I believe it is my time to move on. I have had tremendous help from the guild mates that took me under their wings this late in this expansion, and it has lifted me up on a more comfortable level. The guild however does not want to continue into what lays beyond our past achievements. Which is where our paths divide. I am maybe too competitive for my own good, social wise. I have always been craving more after some people have the feeling they have reached their limit for how much time and effort they want to put into the game.

My history has always been tied to Doomhammer from the very first time I created a character, which is this one.

My people crash landed on a small island, in the rubble i digged myself out and started helping the ones around me. I were only a simple Draenei Male Paladin, guided by the holy light. I have cleansed many wounds as a Holy Paladin when I first started raiding in The Burning Crusade. The mighty crusader were known as "Cavoh" during these past events. http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/70613769

In WotLK, the bulky old goat took some time to hibernate and awoke as Norà when the Icecrown Citadel still had Arthas chillin' on his throne.

When the discovery of a new world beyond the mists were known, Norà did seek these lands, but not for long, the adventure was cut short, and only when the alliance stood in front of the gates of Orgrimmar, she felt...Awaké (that was dumb joke)

Her blue skin had worn off, he clumsy hoofs had broken off, and what would be recognized as a little mermaid story, the tales were true. As a human she stepped into what we know today as Outland, where her story first began, and the holy light were shining brighter than ever as she settled a stronghold in Draenor.

During this characters development over the past 10 years, I have been having few brakes from the game. I have been in a total of 10 guilds, where I have felt the time was right to leave when the team were falling apart. I have been with my current guild for 3 years and 9 months. Which hopefully indicates I am not taking this lightly, to take on a new challenge.

Raiding experience while current:

Karazhan but it was far from the newest tier I believe.
Dippeddd into Zul'aman
Gruul's Lair, even though at that time it was probably outdated, but not for my guild.
Serpentshire Cavern

The Black Temple (Killed Illidan the day before wotlk released) We were a bunch of dummies back then. I did most of my healing in agility plate armor, since it gave crit.
Sunwell...probably 4-5 bosses before wotlk.

Naxxramas
Some late Ulduar
Trial of the Grand Crusader
ICC
Ruby Sanctum

Bastion of Twilight NM/HC
Blackwing Descent NM/HC
Firelands HC
Dragon Soul Hc (#1 Holy paladin on the server, top 10 best geared on the server) (You could say it was my peak)

Throne of Thunder NM
Siege of Orgrimmar HC/M

Highmaul NM/HC
Blackrock Foundry NM
Hellfire Citadel HC

Emerald Nightmare NM
Nighthold 10/10 HC
Tomb of Sargeras 9/9 HC

What is your main spec? How long have you played this?

It was Holy for 8 years.

I recently mained Retri since I were left to myself after my break and most of my friends either changed realms, faction changed or other reasons. To kill monsters for quest and what not, let's say it was not as efficient in holy.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
I'd wish I could go back into the holy game again, I do keep it "some" backed up with AP.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?

Bartender
BigWigs
WeakAuras
Details

I took a look at my UI one day and wanted to get rid of a lot of unnecessary and CPU hogging addons. I did start out clean when I finished building my new rig, but I found myself piling up on addons again, but I do try to keep my screen minimalistic and clean.

UI: https://imgur.com/a/xa8Qz

What do you enjoy doing outside of a raids?
Alts
Herbing
Achievement hunting
Collections
Vanity items
Mythic +
Recently entered the PvP arena

We raid Saturdays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to this?
Basically any day of the week for that matter.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.
I do believe that is the only reason to progress on my performance. I am doing what I think is good, and someone else shows up and butchers me. I could change some things about my mind set or behavior, prioritizing and rotation. The only way I can do better is to learn from help and input from my fellow guild mates. "You are only as good as your team"

Do you have anything else to add?
I would like to provide more. I have not had a role where I feel like I contributed outside of raid times. I would love to be on gathering duties or joining like minded people trying to achievement something together. Like in a small group of 5. (M+)

One more thing: https://www.wowhead.com/item=23555/

Last edited by a moderator:

Lumaa

The better and more sophisticated ***luma.
Jan 6, 2016
Hey Awaké,

Thanks for the application. I'm happy to let you know we'll be offering you a social raid spot. Please poke me or another officer for an invite.

Kind regards,
Lumaa

Mog

Go ahead, do the xmog joke. I know you want to.
Jan 21, 2017
Good, more pally pink to counter balance all that druid orange!

Bani

Apr 13, 2007
Berlin
I'm curious, and mean no offense at all. But all application long you talk about how you want to rise above the ambitions of your old guild mates, and might be too competitive for your own good.

But then you apply as a social for raiding HC ToS once per week, which is exactly what your old guild has been doing. How come?

Apart from that interrogation, welcome :D

Reactions: Ayu

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
We dicussed his application beforehand Bani, a few reasons he currently cannot join the main raid team - but might in time :)

Jazende

Sacred vines, entangle the corrupted!
Staff member
May 12, 2008
CENSORSHIP

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.