ACCEPTED - Zarrow - BM Hunter

Zarrow

Jun 23, 2017
Helsinki
Heya! My name is Henri, I'm from Finland and I'm 21 years old. I'm trying to get back to raiding and more importantly try hardcore raiding. I've been raiding from Naxxramas (WotLK) to this day with few breaks, mostly in Cataclysm and Mist of Pandaria.

Why are you applying to MM? How did you hear about us? Do you know anyone here?

I'm looking for a chance to dive back into hardcore raiding and MM seems to be the place to do just that. Raiding should be fun and relaxing without causing your performance to drop doing so. I heard about you from wowprogress while searching for a potential guild and you got me interested. I can't say I know anyone, but I think I've been playing with Lumaa in the past since he already was on my friendlist.

Why are you leaving your current guild? If we were to look at your guild history, would we find anything concerning?:

We simply haven't been raiding or done any mythic+ dungeons lately at all. Also I feel like we haven't progressed in a way I'd like, I'm looking for something more serious.
No there shouldn't be anything concerning. But I should mention that I had my hunter renamed during WotLK and I wasn't in any of the guilds before The Defiance correct. Talking about https://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/doomhammer/Zarrow

Previous guilds:

• The Defiance: From ICC to Cataclyms (until I had a break)
  • Burning Valor: From SoO to Highmaul
  • The Guild of Freedom: From Highmaul to Blackrock Foundry
  • First Warning: From Blackrock Foundry to Hellfire Citadel
  • AG Praetorian Guard: From Hellfire Citadel to this day
Characters:
My UI:
http://imgur.com/a/YuC3v

Raiding experience (not listing kills during later expansions or patches):
  • Legion:
    • Emerald Nightmare: 7/7 hc, 1/7 mythic
    • Trial of Valor: 3/3 hc
    • Nighthold: 10/10 hc
    • Tomb of Sargeras: 9/9 normal, 3/9 hc
  • WoD:
    • Highmaul: 7/7 hc, 1/7 mythic
    • Blackrock Foundry: 10/10 hc
    • Hellfire Citadel: 13/13 hc
  • MoP:
    • Siege of Orgrimmar: 14/14 normal (not sure why armory shows only 13/14), 5/14 heroic(mythic) before WoD pre-patch
    • Didn't really raid in any other raids
  • Cataclysm:
    • Throne of the Four Wind: 1/2 normal
    • Bastion of Twilight: 4/4 normal, 1/4 hc
    • Blackwing Descent: 5/6 normal
    • At that point I had a break and didn't return to raiding before SoO
  • Wrath of the Lich King:
    • Vault of Archavon: Earth, WInd & Fire 25 man
    • Naxxramas: 15/15, 25 man
    • Obsidian Sanctum: 1/1 with 3 dragons on 10 and 25 man
    • The Eye of Eternity: 1/1, 10 and 25 man
    • Ulduar: 6/14, 25 man
    • Onyxia's Lair: 1/1, 10 and 25 man
    • Trial of the Crusader: 4/5 hc, 10 and 25 man
    • Icecrown Citadel: 11/12 hc, 10 and 25 man
    • Ruby Sanctum: 1/1 normal, 25 man
What is your main spec? How long have you played this?
Currently Beast Mastery. I have played this spec in the past several times (SoO, Blackrock Foundry for example)

What is your stat priority? Explain why.

I figured mastery would be top priority, because it increases my damage done alot. Haste and crit are pretty equal in my eyes, need to have both to make things work. I avoid versatility like plague, it's always been worst stat for me and it still is. You need high amount of it to make any difference and other stats simply offer more at the same time.

Why should we bring your class/spec to a raid? What do you feel is the defining feature of your class/spec?
I'm very mobile and I can (and probably will) do the dirty jobs like soaking certain objects. I can do dps even while running away from boss' range. I can bring battle ress pet (which I haven't gotten yet) or hero pet to raid or mythic+ dungeons if we don't have shaman/mage around.

What addons do you use to enhance your performance?
DBM obviously, Skada to track my and other's permance, Grid, GTFO, MikScrollingBattleText, Pawn, RangeDisplay, TellMeWhen, Z-Perl Unit Frames, CoolLine Cooldowns. Those are the most important ones for raiding.

Where do you find the latest information in relation to your class?

I check Icy-veins or Noxxic for builds and best in slot trinkets etc. I've also joined hunter discord server.

What do you do outside of a raid to improve your character, play style and performance?
I test my dps on dummy whenever I get a new piece of gear. I do daily world quests and random heroic everyday for ap and possible legendaries. Sometimes other activities like random bgs. I make my own consumables so I'm prepared.

Do you ever change around talents depending on the encounter? If so please give an example.
If I see it's required and would benefit me and my raid, then yes. Like I changed my talents for single target for heroic Krosus while I was playing MM, and I changed them back for next boss.

What is your offspec? How comfortable would you be if we asked you to raid as your offpsec?
Well I've played this whole expansion as MM and only recently in 7.2.5 switched to BM. I really didn't like MM playstyle after 7.1.5 so my performance suffered from that. I'm still not that comfortable with it, but I can do the job with it if I see it'll perform better on some bosses.

What traits are your weapons at? What legendaries have you obtained?
As I mentioned before, BM is 53, MM 52 and SV 36. I have every shared hunter legendary except the new ring. For MM I have wrists, belt and gloves. For BM I currently don't have any legendaries yet (I call this bad rng, ever since I changed my loot for BM I've only got healing helm and trinket).

We raid Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays 20:00-23:00 Server Time. Are you able to commit to these times and days?

Yes and I don't have anything planned out at the moment. Also if I have plans they're usually for Friday/Saturday anyways.

Can you accept criticism? If not then do not apply, we frown upon shifting blame a lot more than people admitting to mistakes and improving on it.

Yes if it's for a actual reason. If I make a mistake and someone points it out, I can take and improve from it.

Do you have a mic? Do you have a proper setup and internet connection to play the game competitively? (that is, at least 30 and ideally more fps in raids)
I do and my setup is good enough for raiding. But I should mention, I'm not very comfortable speaking english if I don't know you. It's some personal problem that won't affect my raiding.

How to contact me?
My battletag is Kirby#2557

Lumaa

The better and more sophisticated ***luma.
Jan 6, 2016
Hey Zarrow,

Thanks for the application, we'll discuss it and get back to you!

Kind regards,
Lumaa

Lumaa

The better and more sophisticated ***luma.
Jan 6, 2016
Hey Zarrow,

After discussing your application, we've decided to accept you! Poke an officer in game for an invite to the guild. :)

Kind regards,
Lumaa

P.S. Stay away from Noxxic.