ACCEPTED: Wytes - Unholy DK - Doomhammer

What is the best flavour?

• Total voters

Wytes

Lemon Man
Aug 12, 2016
Hello Friends!

I realise that you are currently closed for recruitment but chose to apply anyway.

I'll keep it as short as possible but I always enjoy writing a good application when applying to a guild.

About me: My name is Dave, I'm 27 and from Ireland. I work for the Government and have been playing WoW since I was 15. I've played and raided on and off across the expansions. I even worked for Blizzard for a few years!

WoW History:

Vanilla: I started playing as a Warrior and raided all through Vanilla as a tank in Endless Trials. I quit around Naxx cause I had real life exams.

Burning Crusade: I levelled a mage in Burning Crusade and played only in Kara and some SSC/TK. I didn't do much else this expansion.

Wrath: I returned and levelled a Druid which would be my main all the way to WoD. I founded my own guild with some friends for most of Wrath and raided as a tank before changing to balance and swapping to a Blizzard guild to do Icecrown Heroic.

Cataclysm: I raided with the Questionable Ethics first team and got realm first Nefarian before having to step back due to real life issues. I continued raiding casually and completed the legendary staff on my druid.

Mists: I did some casual raiding on my druid again and quit around SoO cause I didn't really feel invested in the game. I finished my legendary cloak and that was really it.

WoD: I rerolled Ret Paladin cause I wasn't really enjoying where they went with balance. I raided casually using group finder for the most part and getting kills through that. I played with some friends in Frenzy and did some heroic content. I quit after BRF cause WoD wasn't really doing it for me.

Legion: I boosted an Unholy DK cause it seems like a spec that's a lot of fun. I play blood/unholy on the beta and really enjoyed it. I'm probably going to level a few alts to mess around with in Legion cause there's a few specs that I thoroughly enjoy.

Raid Stuff: I don't really have any parses or anything cause I've not done a whole bunch of content. I'll just really talk about me and my attitude to raiding both in this game and other games where I've done PvE content. I always aim to do maximise my damage when I'm raiding but never at the expense of the raid. I'm not the kind of person who'll stand in stuff or mechanics just for more DPS unless I can safely do it by abusing mechanics.

I've raided at all levels in WoW and I would say that I was quite successful while doing it. I've been raiding at the highest level in Final Fantasy 14 for the last 3 years and our team would be in the top 5% of the raiding community. Most of my friends and I quit raiding there because the developers have slowly been killing the raiding by designing the fights for the people who raid 7 days a week and making encounters overly punishing as a way to get back at players for being smarter than them!

I also play Destiny and raided with a group of lads and did all the hard mode content multiple times a week.

In raids I'm usually the shotcaller and the guy who'll spot something going wrong and try and call it out to save an attempt quickly. In FF14 and Destiny I've saved attempt by calling for someone to change a role on the fly to allow us to recover. I'm always the observant one and watch a lot of the mechanics which is mostly down to the role I play in both games.

I really like the idea of just jumping into content and learning what the bosses do instead of going in pre-armed with guides written by other people. I've always tried to do that when raiding but nobody really cared and didn't want to waste time doing that.

Why I want to join MM: I've just come back from a break, QE is dead and gone and I'd like to join an active social and raiding guild and try my hand at the high end content again. I like your guys attitude to raiding and from a brief perusal you seem like a cool bunch.

Why you should want me to join MM: I can get you all beta invites for future expansions!! (jk, maybe ask me closer to the time) I like raiding and I like doing the best I can while helping out everyone else. I'm the kind of guy who'll help with stuff just for the sake of it and I enjoy playing other games with guildies.

Attendance: I don't do much outside of playing games so I see no reason I couldn't make all days during progression and farm mode. If I take a holiday I'll always let the team know well in advance and bring back treats for everyone.

Guild History:
Vanilla: Sleepless Knights, Endless Trials
Burning Crusade: Oldies, Aquamarine
Wrath of the Lich King: Passive, Blizzard Guild, Questionable Ethics
Cata: Questionable Ethics
MoP: Questionable Ethics
WoD: Questionable Ethics/Frenzy
Legion: Unguilded/Alts in QE

UI: I use elvui and whichever boss mod the group is using. I run skada or recount for damage but usually try and play the game bare bones. Final Fantasy had no real addons so you had to pay attention to all the mechanics. This isn't always possible in WoW cause the raids are designed these days with addons in mind but I have successfully doing heroic raiding with no boss mods while at work.

Characters:
Paladin: doomhammer/Khilal/simple
Druid: doomhammer/Vixenne/simple (hail satan)
DK: doomhammer/Wytes/simple

^^^ I couldn't get these to work.

I'm done talking about how amazing I am and will leave you with my battletag if you'd like to chat.

DaveFella#1263

Even if you guys don't consider me for raiding I would still like to be considered for a social spot if that includes running alt raids and stuff!

Smaj

RawR!
Staff member
Jan 7, 2013
Hi Wytes,

Thank you for your application. We'll discuss it and get back to you in the next few days.

Kind regards,
Smaj

Illuma

shitpenisbitch
Jun 17, 2014
I voted strawberry. This is really exciting.
I hope this will break our guild in half.

OP
Wytes

Wytes

Lemon Man
Aug 12, 2016
I had considered adding Raspberry to the poll but I didn't want to splinter anything further.

Ayu

You need help.
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
I am going to veto this. He voted for Lemon and if asked if this is something I can forgive?

I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave.

Dirnik

Dear Nick/Derpnik
Feb 15, 2014
Im a bit rusty

KAINXq6.png